Child Based Preschool Curriculum
Through developmentally and academically appropriate practice we work to implement the preschool curriculum focusing on the social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional development of each child.
The philosophy of our preschool curriculum is that children learn best by doing and playing and being inspired by developmental and academic opportunities. Learning requires active thinking and experimenting to find out how things work, and to learn first-hand about the world in which we live. Children are given the opportunities to explore, using all their senses, and using real materials to try out their ideas about size, shape, color and the relationship that exists between things. By moving from the abstract to the concrete, play provides the foundation for academic learning.
Some of the objectives of the Growing Garden Preschool program are:
- to provide a setting in which your child feels safe and happy
- to use your child’s interests and experiences as the basis for learning and activities
- to help your child develop a love for learning; a love that is deep, wide, and ever-growing
- to provide opportunities for your child to learn academic skills through day-to-day activities and through interactive experiences with peers and adults
- to encourage your child’s love for books and foster the pre-reading skills appropriate to his/her stage of development
- to provide opportunities for your child to make discoveries and to use them in learning, developing the building blocks for the study of science
- to develop your child’s problem-solving abilities, developing the skills in the study of mathematics
- to encourage your child’s creativity and artistic expression
- to encourage your child to ask questions, which will be answered sincerely and honestly
- to develop your child’s social skills, in both one-on-one and larger group settings
- to encourage your child to work independently and with his or her peers
- to provide learning materials and equipment, as well caring and committed educators, that encourages your child to gain the positive experiences out of school and themselves
- to create an environment where your child is surrounded by positive Jewish morals, values and experiences, discovering and celebrating holidays and Shabbat together, to build a strong Jewish foundation and identity
- to help your child become independent and gain a strong, healthy self-esteem and sense of self
Our staff plans, implements, and evaluates the curriculum so your child receives the best opportunities for high quality developmental and academic excellence.