The Growing Garden offers enrichment activities to give our children an opportunity to learn and discover through different forms of art and physical activity.
Our morning enrichment activates are for all children registered in two year old class through kindergarten, on the days of those activities. These programs are included in your child’s tuition fees.
Our morning enrichment includes:
- Music & Movement on Monday and Tuesday
- Music on Wednesday
- Cooking/Library on Thursday
- Challah Making in each classroom along with a fun-filled Shabbat Party with the whole school on Friday
Our afternoon enrichment activities are offered for the children that stay for afternoon care (see scheduling options) in the Three Year Old class, Four Year Old class and the Kindergarten
- Monday Spanish – The children will learn Spanish through conversation, singing, vocabulary, reading, dancing, drawing, and cooking.
- Tuesday Lego – The children will gain hands on experience with classic, simple machines using Lego’s such as pulleys, levers, belts, and gears. Lego building is great for enhancing spatial intelligence, creativity and imagination.
- Wednesday Karate – Karate classes will improve your child’s strength, flexibility, stamina, balance, and coordination. As a part of this program, your child will learn about setting goals and the discipline needed to achieve them.
- Thursday Sports – With the encouragement of our Coach, our children learn to follow direction, team sportsmanship, game techniques, and of course get plenty of exercise.
We also have periodically outside programs that visit the school offering the children new and unique experiences
Our periodic enrichment programs include: a petting zoo, Shofar factory, moon bounce, pony rides, community helpers and snow day.