The Growing Garden offers enrichment activities to give our children an opportunity to learn and discover through different forms of art and physical activity.
Our morning enrichment activities are for all children registered in two year old classes through Pre-Kindergarten, on the days of those activities. These programs are included in your child’s tuition fees.
Our morning enrichment includes:
- Music on Mondays
- Drama on Tuesdays
- Dance on Wednesdays
- Cooking on Thursdays
- Challah Making in each classroom along with a fun-filled Shabbat Party with the whole school on Friday
Our afternoon enrichment activities are offered for the children ages 3 and up that stay for the full day (until 3pm). These programs are included in your child’s tuition if they are signed up for full days.
- Monday Spanish – The children will learn Spanish through conversation, singing, vocabulary, reading, dancing, drawing, and cooking.
- Tuesday Lego – The children will gain hands-on experience with classic, simple machines using Lego’s such as pulleys, levers, belts, and gears. Lego building is great for enhancing spatial intelligence, creativity and imagination.
- Wednesday Sports – With the encouragement of our Coach, our children learn to follow direction, team sportsmanship, game techniques, and of course get plenty of exercise!
- Thursday Yoga – Yoga is about accessing and integrating all aspects of our body in the pursuit of inner harmony. Children develop focus, concentration, and physical flexibility helping them achieve mindfulness and compassion.
We also have outside programs visit the school periodically, offering the children new and unique experiences
Throughout the year, these programs include: a petting zoo, Shofar factory, moon bounce, pony rides, community helpers and snow day.